Nowadays, an organization's information space
(the plethora of datasets being managed in the organization) is its most
comprising the intellectual work, the activities
and the results of the organization's personnel throughout the years.
In order to enable organizations to support the
full-life cycle of their information space in cost-effective,
sustainable and open ways,
we develop Butterfly Data Platform, an integrated, end-to-end data management solution that:
- Offers a unified data platform for all organizations and datasets.
- Enables organizations to manage, expand and utilize their information space in the long run.
- Keeps the organizations' information space open without introducing any data-storage lock-ins.
Butterfly shifts the barriers raised by the use of different data management applications
within the organization, combining:
- the power of cutting-edge Web technologies,
- the functionality of document & digital asset management applications,
- the best practices of digital libraries & electronic archives,
- the data deposit and submission workflows of institutional repositories,
to enable the organization to manage and expand
its information space in a unified, integrated and consistent way.
Butterfly solutions & features
What makes Butterfly different
Butterfly uniquely combines the following three crucial characteristics: